Thursday, March 6, 2008

Playing in the Snow


My foster brother Duncan (IBR adoption) finally let me sneak a Cooper-sized spot on the couch. Unfortunately, right after the picture, foster moms made me get down. Something about getting too big for my britches. Oh, well. It's soft, but I also like to sleep on the floor next to their feet. They say I'm a good foot warmer for those cold nights.



I learned how to make snow angels from my foster brother Duncan. We roll around on our backs in some fresh snow. When we're done, we get up and run around like crazy goofballs. It's a blast.

I really want to play with the two other dogs here, but we haven't quite figured it all out yet. I'm very good at taking turns for treats. We all sit in a circle politely and wait our turn, but they don't seem to know I want to play in the yard. I run around beside them and try to join in. Foster moms run around in the yard with me and them and try and encourage them. I flap my ears and jump up and down to get their attention. Maybe they'll join in soon. Hey, they've got a cool dog door and I learned how to go in and out right away from watching the other dogs.


I love to play. See my smile? Come and join me!

I like to chase balls, too. My foster sib Abby, an English Cocker Spaniel, is pretty fast and sometimes she beats me to the ball. Well, maybe I let her win. I bring the ball right back to you to do it again. It's fun!
When you call my name and say "come!" I run as fast as I can. Foster moms crouch down and open their arms and give me a big hug. This training stuff is great!


This is me learning to not jump on people. I really, really want to be pet, so it's hard, but I'm learning. Sometimes I can't help hopping in the air, though. And of course my tail can't stop wagging. Foster moms say that I'm smart, eager to please and a "quick learner," whatever that is. Did I mention that I have the softest fur in the world?

No comments: